If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (203) 301-0500

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

The Truth About Mold in New Haven County Homes and Businesses

10/15/2018 (Permalink)

SERVPRO of Milford-Orange-Stratford remediates the mold problem in your home, bringing mold spores down to safe levels.

You might notice that some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and may even guarantee that they will remove all mold, which is a fallacy.

It is impossible to remove all mold from an environment.  At SERVPRO of Milford-Orange-Stratford, our technicians remediate mold, bringing the levels to natural and safe levels. 

The truth is that microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove every single mold spore from the air.  In mold remediation, our aim is to reduce the mold spore count back to its natural  level.

Consider the following facts about mold. 

  1. Mold spores are microscopic and present naturally both indoors and out. They  may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even  enter on you or your pet.  
  2. Moisture is essential to the existence of mold spores. When exposed to water, spores quickly form into colonies. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants. 
  3. Prior to beginning any mold remediation, the source of the water or moisture must be corrected. Otherwise, the mold may return. 
  4. The strong, musty odor that mold often produces can lead you to problem areas.
  5. Standing water isn't necessary for mold to grow. Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent. 

If you have signs of mold, Milford-Orange-Stratford can inspect and assess your structure. We have the specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation and bring your mold spore count to safe, natural levels.  

While you are waiting for our mold technician to arrive, turn off the HVAC system and any fans in your home as these can cause the mold spores to spread. We also advise that you do not disturb the mold. This includes any attempts to clean the mold yourself. Household cleaners and even bleach are comprised mainly of water, which can actually encourage mold growth on porous surfaces.  

Not all levels of mold are going to create toxic conditions in your Woodbridge area home. If you see or smell signs of mold, give us a call for an inspection at (203) 743-5362.

Other News

View Recent Posts